General English Name: Calcium and ergocalciferol | Calcium and Vitamin D.
Application: To promote extraction health and use of osteoporosis
Calcium and Vitamin D Medication Information Calcium and ergocalciferol
Medication Information: Calcium and vitamin D (calcium and ergocalciferol) are important for bone health and strength. Ergocalciferol is a type of vitamin D that is mainly made by exposing the skin to sunlight, but you can also get this vitamin from a special diet. Foods such as oily fish (such as sardines, herring, salmon and tuna) and eggs contain vitamin D. The body needs adequate sources of vitamin D to absorb calcium from food.
Mild calcium and vitamin D deficiency may not be a problem, but it can increase the risk of osteoporosis. It is best to take a supplement such as calcium and ergocalciferol as usual. You can buy this pill with a prescription or without a prescription from a pharmacy.
Contraindications to calcium and vitamin D (calcium and ergocalciferol)
- Note the expiration date of the calcium and vitamin D (ergocalciferol) medicine and do not use it if it has expired.
- Never give calcium and vitamin D (ergocalciferol) to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
- Do not take more calcium and vitamin D (ergocalciferol) than your doctor prescribes.
- Check for calcium and vitamin D (ergocalciferol) drug interactions and be sure to tell your doctor what other medications you are taking.
Drug interaction of calcium and vitamin D.
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Tips to consider before taking calcium and ergocalciferol
Some medications are not suitable for people with certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed; Therefore, it is best for your doctor to know the following before taking calcium and vitamin D (calcium and ergocalciferol):
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you have a kidney problem or kidney stones.
- If you have sarcoidosis (a disease that causes inflammation in the lungs and lymphatic system).
- If your blood or urine calcium levels are high. These conditions may be associated with some cancers.
- If you are taking other medicines. These include all available medicines, whether prescribed to you or your doctor, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
- If you are allergic to any medicine.
Possible side effects of calcium and ergocalciferol
All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some side effects go away shortly after taking calcium and vitamin D. It does not cause any side effects, but tell your doctor if you have any serious side effects, which you think may be due to the medication.
How to store calcium and vitamin D medicine
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.