General English name: Cefradine
Cefradine Pharmaceutical Information
Drug Information: Safradin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic, meaning that it is active against a wide range of bacteria. It is used to treat bacterial infections such as urinary tract infections, chest and throat infections, ear infections, sinusitis and skin infections. Safradin kills bacteria by killing bacteria.
Safradin is suitable for adults and children and can also be used during pregnancy.
Some people who are allergic to penicillin antibiotics may not be able to take Safradin; So if you are allergic to antibiotics, talk to your doctor.
Contraindications to Cefradine
Pay attention to the expiration date of this medicine and do not take it if the medicine in your hand has expired.
Never give this medicine to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
- Do not take more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Check for drug interactions with Safradin and be sure to tell your doctor what other medication you are taking.
Cefradine drug interaction
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Tips that should be considered before taking Cefradine
Some medications are not suitable for people with certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed; Therefore, it is better for your doctor to be aware of the following before taking Safradin:
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to a drug. Be sure to tell your doctor, especially if you are allergic to penicillin or cephalosporins.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
- If you have any kidney problems.
- If you are taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
Possible side effects of Cefradine
All medications can cause side effects; But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some of the side effects go away shortly after taking the medicine. In case of persistent side effects, the physician should be informed:
Diarrhea, feeling sick, abdominal pain, skin rash and other allergic reactions
Important Note: Itchy rash, swelling of the face and mouth, or difficulty breathing are signs of antibiotic sensitivity. In case of such side effects, do not continue taking Safradin and talk to your doctor immediately.
Consult your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you feel are due to the use of Safradin.
How to store Cefradine
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
- Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.