Common English name: Co-careldopa
Brand: Caramet, Duodopa, Sinemet and Half Sinemet, Stalevo
Application: Parkinson’s disease
Pharmacological information of Carl Dupa
Medication Information: Co Carl Dupa is used to treat Parkinson’s. However, it is also prescribed for some other diseases.
Parkinson’s disease affects the way the brain coordinates with muscle movements. In this disease, a number of black body cells in the brain are damaged and die. These brain cells (dopaminergic neurons) transmit the message from the nerves to the spinal cord by producing a chemical called dopamine, which controls the movement of the body’s muscles. When these brain cells are damaged, the amount of dopamine produced decreases. The combination of a decrease in brain cells and low levels of dopamine in the cells of this part of the brain slows down and abnormal nerve messages to the muscles. These are the main symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, namely stiffness, shaking (shaking) and slowness of movement.
Co Carl Dupa contains two ingredients, levodopa and carbide dopa. In the body, levodopa is converted to dopamine, which helps restore dopamine levels to normal in the affected area of the brain. Dopa carbohydrate prevents levodopa from being converted to dopamine in other parts of the body than the brain. This means that more levodopa enters the brain, where it is converted to dopamine to reduce the side effects of Parkinson’s. Co-Carl Dupa, a combination drug of the Stalevo brand, is a combination of Co-Carl Dopa and Antacapone used to treat Parkinson’s.
Contraindications to the use of Co Carl Dupa
Pay attention to the expiration date of Co Carl Dupa and do not take it if it has expired.
Never give Co Carl Dupa to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
• Be aware of drug interactions with Co Carl Dupa, and be sure to tell your doctor if you are taking other medications so that your medications do not interact with each other.
• Do not take Co Carl Dupa more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Drug Interaction Co Carl Dupa
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Tips to consider before taking Co Carl Dupa
Some medications are not suitable for people with certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed. Therefore, it is best for your doctor to know the following before taking Co Carl Dupa:
• If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
• If you have a lung or breathing problem.
• If you have any cardiovascular problems.
• If you have a history of stomach ulcers.
• If you have a history of high blood pressure (glaucoma).
• If you have a history of seizures or epilepsy.
• If you have any liver disease or kidney problems.
• If you have any mental health problems.
• If you have ever had skin cancer.
• If you have any of the following conditions: hyperthyroidism, Cushing’s syndrome, diabetes, osteoporosis, pheochromocytoma
• If you are taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
• If you have a history of allergic reactions to certain medications.
Possible side effects of Co Carl Dupa
All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. In case of persistent side effects, the doctor should be informed:
Decreased appetite, feeling sick, diarrhea, change in taste, dizziness, drowsiness and fatigue, change in feeling, anxiety, excitement, depression, hallucinations, sleep problems, dry mouth, palpitations, uncontrollable convulsive movements
Consult your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you feel may be due to the use of Co Carl Dupa.
How to store Ko Carl Dupa
• Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
• Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.
• If you are using Duodopa gel, keep it in the refrigerator for as long as you need it.