Application: Cancer of the breast, prostate, lung, stomach and neck
Dostaxel drug forms
- Injectable solution
what you will read next :
- Dostoxel Drug Information
- The correct amount and method of taking Docetaxel
- Contraindications to docetaxel
- Dostaxel during pregnancy and lactation
- The effect of Docetaxel on driving
- Dostoxel drug interaction
- Docetaxel Warning
- Side effects of docetaxel
- Side effects of Docetaxel overdose (docetaxel poisoning)
- Storage conditions of Docetaxel
Dostoxel Drug Information
Dostoxel is used to treat some cancers (such as breast, lung, prostate, stomach and head and neck). Docetaxel is a member of a family of drugs called taxanes that work by slowing down the growth of cancer cells.
The correct amount and method of taking Docetaxel
- Read the package leaflet carefully before starting treatment with this medicine. This brochure will help you to get information about the drug and its possible side effects.
- The dose and amount of Docetaxel varies from person to person; Use the medicine exactly as your doctor advised. It is usually injected every three weeks.
- This medicine is injected intravenously (within 1 hour) under the supervision of a doctor.
- To reduce the side effects of this drug, before injecting docetaxel, the patient is treated with corticosteroid drugs such as dexamethasone (from 1 day to 3 days).
- The dose of docetaxel and the course of treatment with this drug depend on the patient’s weight and its effectiveness for the patient.
Contraindications to docetaxel
- Pay attention to the expiration date of Dostoxel and do not take it if the medicine in your hand has expired.
- Never give Docetaxel to another person, even if you have the same symptoms.
- Check for drug interactions with docetaxel, and if you are taking a drug that interacts with this drug, talk to your doctor about using your medications.
Dostaxel during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, you should not use the drug arbitrarily without consulting your doctor. Dostoxel may be harmful to the fetus.
The effect of Docetaxel on driving
Dostoxel can cause symptoms such as dizziness or drowsiness. If you have these symptoms, avoid driving.
Dostoxel drug interaction
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Dostoxel may interact with some medicines, including some live vaccines (such as BCG), clozapine, immunosuppressants (such as fingolimod, natalizumab, afalizumab, ocrelizumab).
Some medications may not be prescribed under certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed; Therefore, it is best for your doctor to be aware of the following before taking docetaxel:
- If you are pregnant, planning to have a baby, or if you are breast-feeding.
- If you have heart problems (eg heart disease, heart failure, irregular heartbeat).
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have lung and respiratory problems.
- If you have a blood problem (such as anemia).
- If you have had radiation therapy.
- If you have a blood pressure problem.
- If you have a history of marijuana or alcohol use.
- If your immune system is weak.
- If you are taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to a drug.
Side effects of docetaxel
All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some side effects may occur if you take more than the dose of this medicine. If any of these side effects occur, your doctor should be informed:
- Pain and swelling at the injection site
- Feeling drunk
- Loss of appetite
- hair loss
- Sore throat
- Blurred vision, decreased vision, chest pain: If you have such serious side effects, see a doctor right away.
- Skin rash, shortness of breath and allergic symptoms: If you have such serious side effects, see a doctor immediately.
- Consult your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you feel may be due to Docetaxel.
Side effects of Docetaxel overdose (docetaxel poisoning)
- Do not take more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- If you feel that someone has been poisoned and you have symptoms such as shortness of breath, fainting and weakness (fainting), call the emergency room immediately.
Storage conditions of Docetaxel
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Store the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.