Application: Treatment of migraine attack
Eltriptan drug information
Medication Information: The cause of migraine is not fully understood, but it seems that the activity of some brain chemicals in this disease increases and causes parts of the brain to send information that eventually leads to migraine symptoms. The reason for the change in the activity of these substances in the brain is still not well understood. In some people, the type of diet may affect the onset of migraine pain, but in others the cause is not entirely obvious. Eltriptan belongs to a group of drugs called serotonin receptor agonists. These drugs are also called triptans. These substances stimulate the receptor of a brain chemical called serotonin. This mechanism reduces the symptoms of the disease. Ultriptan is good for treating symptoms but is not good for preventing migraine attacks.
Contraindications to the use of the drug Eltriptan
- Pay attention to the expiration date of your Eltrip medicine and do not take it if the medicine in your hand has expired.
- Never give your Altriptan to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
- Do not take more than your dose of Altriptan prescribed by your doctor.
- Check for drug interactions with your Altriptan and be sure to tell your doctor what other medication you are taking.
- Eltriptan may make you feel drowsy, do not drive after taking this medicine.
- If you feel heaviness on your chest while taking Ultriptan and this feeling lasts for several days, do not continue taking the medicine and see your doctor.
Eltriptan drug interaction
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter medicines and herbal products) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Avoid medications that affect the removal of your ellipticals from your body for up to 72 hours after using your elliptical. These include cobicistat, nefazodone, azole antifungals (such as ketoconazole / itraconazole), macrolide antibiotics (such as clarithromycin / erythromycin), protease inhibitors such as hepatitis B virus, hepatitis C virus, hepatic virus .
If you take other serotonin-boosting drugs with altriptan, your risk of serotonin syndrome or toxicity increases. Examples of these drugs include MDMA or “ecstasy”, St. John’s wort, certain antidepressants (including SSRIs such as fluoxetine / paroxetine, SNRIs such as duloxetine). / Venlafaxine).
If you are taking any ergotamine (such as dihydroergotamine) or other triptans (such as zolmitriptan, rizatriptan), you should monitor your dose of erythriptan under a doctor’s supervision, as side effects Seriously follows.
Tips to consider before taking Eltriptan
Some medications can not be prescribed under certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed. Therefore, it is best for your doctor to be aware of the following before taking Eltriptan:
- If you are over 65 or under 18 years old.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you have any heart problems such as palpitations or angina.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you have circulatory disorders.
- If you have any liver or kidney problems.
- If you have had a heart attack or ischemia.
- If you are taking other medicines. These include all available medicines, whether prescribed or used by your doctor, such as herbal medicines and supplements.
- If you are allergic to any medicine.
Possible side effects of Altriptan
All drugs, along with their positive effects, can cause unwanted side effects in the body. However, these complications do not occur in all people. If there is a negative change in your health after taking the medicine, it is better to consult your doctor. Many complications may be similar to the symptoms of other illnesses.
- Fatigue and darkening of the eyes: In this situation, avoid driving and working with tools.
- Nausea and indigestion: Eat simple foods and avoid spicy and high-fat foods.
- Symptoms similar to the flu (runny nose), hot flashes, palpitations, dry mouth: Consult your doctor if it is bothersome.
- Feeling of pressure in the chest and sore throat: If the pain is severe, do not take the medicine and tell your doctor.
How to store Eltriptan
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.