Application: To help clean and clear sputum in adults with chronic bronchitis
Medication Information of Ordosteine
Medication Information: Mucolytic drugs (laxatives) such as ordostein can be used to treat the acute symptoms of chronic bronchitis. Ordostine reduces the concentration and adhesion of sputum, making coughing easier.
Contraindications to the use of ordostine
- Note the expiration date of the drug orthostein and do not take it if the medicine in your hand has expired.
- Never give Ordostine to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
- Do not take more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Check for drug interactions and be sure to tell your doctor what other medications you are taking.
Drug Interaction of Ordostine
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Tips to consider before taking Ordostine
Some medications can not be prescribed under certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed; Therefore, it is best for your doctor to be aware of the following before taking Ordostein:
- If you have ever had a stomach ulcer.
- If you have any liver or kidney problems.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to another medicine.
Possible side effects of Ordostine
All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some of the side effects go away after a short time of taking the medicine. In case of persistent side effects, the doctor should be informed:
- Feeling sick, diarrhea, stomach pain (heartburn), headache, cold symptoms, unusual taste, itchy rash
Talk to your doctor if you experience any symptoms that you feel may be due to taking ordostine.
How to store Ordostine
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.