General English name: Telmisartan
Brand: Micardis®, Micardis Plus
Application: High blood pressure and prevention of heart attack
Telemizantan drug forms
Telemizantan hybrid brand
Micardis Plus: Telmizartan and hydrochlorothiazide
Telmizartan Drug Information
Telmizartan blocks angiotensin receptors. It is also called an angiotensin II receptor antagonist or AIIRA. It is used to treat high blood pressure. A person with high blood pressure may not feel sick, but high blood pressure can damage blood vessels if left untreated. Will hit.
Telmizartan or Telmisartan blocks the action of a chemical called angiotensin II. Angiotensin II narrows or blocks blood vessels. Your telemedicine causes the blood vessels to dilate and dilate, thus reducing the pressure in the blood vessels and making it easier for the heart to pump blood. Valsartan is good for protecting the heart after a heart attack.
Your telemedicine may be prescribed to treat high blood pressure. More than one drug is usually needed to lower blood pressure. That’s why brands of Telmizartan are in combination with other blood pressure medications and help lower blood pressure. The brand name of your medicine is Micardis Plus (your medicine with hydrochlorothiazide) in combination.
Dosage and method of taking Telmizartan
- Carefully read the package leaflet before starting treatment with your telemedicine. This brochure will help you to get comprehensive information about the drug and its possible side effects.
- The dose and amount of your telemedicine varies from person to person; Use the medicine exactly as your doctor advised. This medicine is usually given to you once a day.
- Telmizartan comes in different doses, usually 20-40 mg to treat high blood pressure and 80 mg to prevent a heart attack.
- Try to take your TV at a certain time of the day, it is better to take this medicine before or after a meal.
- If you forget to take your daily dose at the right time but soon forget, take the medicine; But if you remember when the next dose is near the hour, do not take the missed dose. You should not take two doses of the medicine together because of the missed dose.
Contraindications to the use of your telemedicine
Pay attention to the expiration date of your Telmizar medicine and do not take it if the medicine in your hand has expired.
Never give your Telmisartan to another person, even if you have the same symptoms.
Check for drug interactions in your telemedicine, and if you are using a drug that interacts with this drug, talk to your doctor about using your medications.
Take Telmisartan during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, you should not use the drug arbitrarily without consulting your doctor. Medications can have devastating effects on the fetus or on yourself.
The impact of your TV on driving and working with machines
This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Make sure you are alert before driving or operating machinery.
Drug Interactions Telmizartan
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Some medications that may interact with this drug include: aliskiren, lithium, drugs that increase blood potassium levels (such as ACE inhibitors such as benazepril / lisinopril, contraceptive pills containing drospirenone).
Check labels on all your medications (such as cough and cold medications, dietary supplements, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen and naproxen). Because they may contain ingredients that increase blood pressure or worsen heart failure. Talk to your pharmacist about taking Telmisartan.
Special warnings and precautions while taking Telmizartan
Some medications may not be prescribed under certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed; Therefore, it is best for your doctor to be aware of the following before taking your telemedicine:
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or if you are breast-feeding.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have a kidney problem, especially if you have a blocked artery.
- If you have any problems with your heart valves or heart muscle.
- If you have a liver problem or a condition called cholestasis (obstruction of the flow of bile from the liver).
- If you are taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to a drug.
Side effects of Telmizartan
- All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some of the side effects go away shortly after taking the medicine. In case of persistent side effects, the physician should be informed:
- Feeling dizzy and tired
- Heartache and boredom
- Infection and symptoms of the flu, cough, bloating, sleep problems, pain, itching: Consult your doctor if these persist.
- Change the results of some blood tests
- Important Note: Your telescope causes allergic reactions in a small number of people. Although this is rare, see your doctor right away if you have any swelling in your mouth or face.
- Consult your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you feel are due to your medication.
Overuse of Telmisartan (drug poisoning)
Do not take more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
If you feel that someone has a drug poisoning and you have symptoms such as severe dizziness, fatigue, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath or fainting (fainting), call the emergency room immediately.
Storage conditions of your telemedicine drug
Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Store the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.