Brand: Ursodiol, Destolit, Ursofalk, Ursogal
Application: Gallstone removal – a type of liver disease called primary biliary cholangitis (liver cirrhosis)
Pharmacological information of orsodoxy colic acid Ursodoxycholic acid
Medication Information: Gallstones cause problems such as pain, jaundice, inflammation of the pancreas and inflammation of the gallbladder. This problem occurs when bile turns to stone. Gallstones contain cholesterol compounds that are solid. These rocks contain pigments and calcium deposits. These stones can block the bile duct and cause pain. Surgery is a common treatment for gallstones; But for small stones, which are mainly composed of cholesterol, orsodoxycholic acid (ursodoxycholic acid) can be effective. This drug reduces the amount of cholesterol entering the liver and bile and separates cholesterol from the stones.
Some brands of orthodoxy colic can help treat primary biliary cirrhosis. In this disease, the bile ducts in the liver are gradually damaged and as the disease progresses, it can damage the liver itself.
Contraindications to the use of orsodoxycholic acid Ursodoxycholic acid
- Pay attention to the expiration date of orsodoxy colic acid and do not take it if your medicine has expired.
- Never give orsodoxycholic acid to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
- Do not take Ursudoxycholic acid over the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Check for orsodoxy colic acid drug interactions and be sure to tell your doctor what other medications you are taking.
Drug Interaction Ursudaxi colic acid Ursodoxycholic acid
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Tips to consider before taking orsodoxycholic acid
Some medications are not suitable for people with certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed; Therefore, it is best for your doctor to be aware of the following before taking orsodoxycholic acid:
- If you have any liver problems.
- If you have bladder stones.
- If you have any type of intestinal disease such as Crohn’s disease or have ulcerative colitis or if you have had gastrointestinal surgery.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or if you are breast-feeding.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to another medicine.
- If you are taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
Possible side effects of orsodoxy colic acid Ursodoxycholic acid
All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some of the side effects go away after a short time of taking the medicine. In case of persistent side effects, the doctor should be informed:
- Diarrhea: Drink plenty of water. Consult your doctor if it becomes annoying.
- Skin urticaria, nausea: Consult your doctor if it is bothersome.
Talk to your doctor if you have any symptoms that you think may be due to the drug orthodoxy-colic acid.
How to store orsodoxy colic acid Ursodoxycholic acid
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.