Heart palpitation is a condition in which a person can feel an increased heart rate, your heart can beat too much by eating certain foods and snacks, or even miss one or more beats during the increased heart rate.
In the following, we will introduce you to the foods that cause heart palpitations.
Sometimes people say that after eating a heavy meal or some foods, their heart rate increases, and sometimes the heart rate wave spreads even to the neck.
What are the possible causes of your heart palpitations?
There are several reasons why you may have heart palpitations after eating:
- Conditions depend on the type of your diet.
- Some consumable supplements.
- Factors related to how you eat.
- Foods that cause heart palpitations
- Conditions depending on the type of your diet:
- Dehydration predisposes you to heart palpitations following food.
- Intake of low amounts of potassium.
- If you have low blood sugar or so-called hypoglycemia, you are at the highest risk for an increased heart rate due to food. If your blood sugar is low and you have chosen a large carbohydrate meal containing processed sugars. You are more likely to get heart palpitations.
- If you are addicted to alcohol, you have a higher risk of developing a heart arrhythmia called atrial fibrillation.
- If you have allergies or food allergies, you may experience palpitations following the use of allergens.
- High-salt substances (rich in sodium)
High-salt substances (rich in sodium) are some of the factors that cause heart palpitations, these foods include:
- Canned foods
- Processed foods
- Salted meats such as bacon and sausages
- Foods with preservatives
- Spicy foods can increase your heart rate.
- Some consumable supplements:
Which are used in people’s products to improve headaches and colds and improve their energy levels.
- Bitter orange:
Available in skin rejuvenating and weight loss supplements.
It is available in supplements that increase mental strength and physical strength.
People use it to treat sleep disorders and to relax and improve their stress and anxiety.
Some people use it to improve their angina.
All of the above supplements can cause heart palpitations after consumption.
- Factors related to how you eat:
- If you have stress while eating.
- If you swallow food too fast.
- If you get up and stand immediately after eating.
- Foods that cause heart palpitations:
The following foods are the causes of heart palpitations:
This amino acid leads to high blood pressure and increased heart rate.
Foods containing tyramine include:
- Dried or overripe fruits
- Alcoholic beverages
- Old cheese
- Thiobromine-containing substances such as:
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG):
It is available in a variety of processed and prepared foods and Chinese dishes.
- Black tea
- Energy drinks
They contain caffeine. Caffeine has long been considered a food that increases heart rate.
It is interesting to know that in a study conducted in 2017, some types of caffeine were found to be suitable for relieving heart palpitations.
What drugs can increase heart rate?
Apart from foods, the following medications can also be associated with increased heart rate:
(Pregnancy and menopause, which are accompanied by many hormonal changes, cause a change in heart rate.) Also thyroid hormone.
- Anticonvulsants, even in simple cold pills
- Asthma medications
- Some heart medications and blood pressure monitors
- Slimming pills and appetite suppressants
- Some antibiotics