Brand: Formoterol Easyhaler® Atimos Modulite®, DuoResp Spiromax Foradil®, Duaklir®, Fostair®, Oxis® Turbohaler, Flutiform®, Symbicort
Application: Asthma – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and other respiratory problems related to the airways
Formotrol spray medication information
Medication Information: Formotrol spray is an airway and bronchodilator. It is used regularly to relieve problems in people with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or other respiratory problems related to the airways. Formotrol spray dilates the airways of your lungs, facilitates airflow to the lungs and makes it easier for the patient to breathe, as well as helps with symptoms such as coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.
The patient should use Formotrol spray daily. Formotrol is a long-acting bronchodilator, meaning it works all day long and reduces symptoms in the long run. People with asthma can also use some inhaler brands (sprays) of Formotrol to treat sudden shortness of breath or wheezing.
If you have asthma, Formotrol will be given to you with an inhaler (asteroid). Some Formotrol inhaler brands also contain asteroids (such as beclomethasone, budesonide or fluticasone), these sprays are useful for you because you do not need to use two separate sprays, but you can go through the treatment process with a combination spray. A brand of inhaled formotrol (called Duaklir) contains a bronchodilator called Achlidinium. If you have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), your doctor will prescribe this combination spray. Formotrol is produced in combination with other drugs in the form of compound sprays:
- UDuaklir (Formotrol with Achlidinium)
- UDuoResp Spiromax (formotrol with budesonide)
- UtFlutiform (formotrol with fluticasone)
- ostFostair (Formotrol with beclomethasone)
- YmSymbicort (formotrol with budesonide)
Contraindications to Formotrol spray
- Pay attention to the expiration date of the medicine and do not take it if the medicine in your hand has expired.
- Never give the medicine to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
- Do not take more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Check for drug interactions and be sure to tell your doctor what other medications you are taking.
Drug Interaction Formotrol spray
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter medicines and herbal products) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
In addition, many drugs may affect heart rhythm (prolongation of QT time), including: amiodarone, dofetilide, pimozide, procainamide, quinidine ), Sotalol, macrolide antibiotics (such as erythromycin); Therefore, before using Formotrol, make a list of all the medicines you are taking and share it with your doctor and pharmacist.
Tips to consider before using Formotrol spray
Some medications cannot be prescribed under certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed; Therefore, it is best to let your doctor know the following before taking Formotrol spray:
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or if you are breast-feeding. Because if you are pregnant, your breathing should be well controlled.
- If you have a cardiovascular problem or your heart rate is irregular.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you have diabetes (high blood sugar).
- If you have an overactive thyroid.
- If your doctor has told you in the past that your blood potassium level is high.
- If you are currently taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines. Especially if your doctor prescribes a spray, you should tell your doctor about any other sprays you are taking.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to a drug.
Possible side effects of Formotrol spray
All medications can cause side effects; But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. If any of the side effects persist, your doctor should be informed.
Complications that occur in less than one in ten people:
- Feeling of chills, headache, cough, palpitations
Consult your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you feel are due to the use of Formotrol spray.
How to store Formotrol spray
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
- Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.