Does deep breathing cause you heart pain?
In the following, we will tell you what causes heart pain when breathing deeply. Read more about Heart pain when breathing deeply left side:
Doctors call pleurisy the pain in the chest (left or right) and heart that results from deep breathing.
What is the meaning of Pleurisy?
Other terms used by doctors for pleurisy:
Pleura is a double-layered membrane in our chest, one layer of which adheres to the outer surface of the lung and the other layer covers the chest area. Normally there should not be much discharge between these two layers.
Pleurisy itself is not a disease but it is a sign of an underlying problem.
When, for any inflammatory reason and…, fluid collects between these two layers, it is called pleural effusion.
Pleural effusion should not be present in a normal healthy person.
What symptoms will you have in Pleurisy?
Sudden chest pain and heart pain that gets worse with deep breathing and coughing.
One person may have only a vague discomfort in deep breathing or coughing, and the other person may complain of severe pain and stabbing in the chest and left side of the heart.
So the quality of pain varies from person to person, but it is usually right where there is pneumonia.
Occasionally there is pain in the lower chest or even abdomen.
Sometimes there is a fever.
Breathing is shallow and fast.
One cannot easily turn one’s body to the other side.
Gradually, with increasing pleural effusion or fluid secretion between the two layers of the pleural membrane, shortness of breath is also added to the clinical picture.
Who gets pleurisy the most?
Factors that increase the probability are:
- People with immunosuppression
- fat people
What Causes Pleurisy?
If you have heart pain from deep breathing on the left side of your chest, you may have pleurisy.
The following causes can cause pleurisy:
- Bacterial lung infections:
Coxsackie virus in particular
- Local collapse of the lungs
- Pulmonary embolism
- Rib fractures
- Skeletal and chest muscle injuries
- Autoimmune diseases:
- Metastases of other tumors to the lung
- Congestive heart failure(CHF)
- Kidney dysfunction
- Liver dysfunction
The only way to prevent pleurisy is to treat the underlying cause quickly and in a timely manner.
What are the complications of pleurisy?
Complications of pleurisy include:
- Lung collapse
- Scar formation and adhesions at the site of inflammation that prevent normal dilation of that part of the lung.
When should we see a doctor?
If you have heart or chest pain caused by deep breathing in the left side or any part, if you have one or more of the following symptoms, you should immediately call the emergency room or go to the nearest equipped medical center:
- Exacerbation of pain
- Exacerbation of shortness of breath
- Dry cough
- Bloody sputum
- Bruising of the lips and mucous membranes of the mouth or bruising of the nail bed
What will the doctor do for treatment?
Depending on the cause of the problem:
- Bronchodilator or airway dilator
What can you do to alleviate your discomfort?
- Sometimes it is necessary to wrap a non-stick bandage around the chest.
- Use cool humidifier.
- Cool humidifier dilutes airway secretions and allows them to drain better.
- You can squeeze a pillow firmly on your chest every time you cough to feel less discomfort and pain.