General English name: Ispaghula for constipation
Brand: Fybogel, Ispagel
Barhang Pharmaceutical Information
Medication Information: Constipation is a common problem that occurs for a variety of reasons. Eating less fiber and drinking less fluids can lead to constipation. Some conditions can lead to constipation, such as pregnancy, decreased mobility, exercise, and certain medications. Often, increasing fiber in the diet and drinking fluids can help prevent and treat constipation. If you can not increase the fiber in your diet, you will be prescribed barhang medicine. Barhang, which is a laxative, increases the volume of feces, and this condition stimulates the intestines to excrete its contents, thus reducing constipation. Barhang packs can be obtained from pharmacies with or without a doctor’s prescription.
Pay attention to the expiration date of Barhang medicine and do not take it if the medicine in your hand has expired.
Never give Barhang to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
Do not take more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Check for drug interactions and be sure to tell your doctor what other medications you are taking.
Barhang drug interaction
Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist.
Tips that should be considered before consuming barhang
In order to ensure that the leaf is suitable for your disease, you should be aware of the following before your doctor prescribes:
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding. This is because taking any medication during pregnancy and lactation should be under the supervision of a doctor.
- If this medicine is for a child. This is because the use of any medication in children should be under the supervision of a pediatrician.
- If you have difficulty swallowing food.
- If you feel an obstruction in your bowel.
- If you are currently taking certain medications. These include all available medicines, whether prescribed or used by your doctor, such as herbal medicines and supplements.
- If you have ever been allergic to any medication.
Possible side effects of Barhang
All medications, along with their positive effects, can cause unwanted side effects in the body. However, these complications do not occur in all people. Over time, your body will adjust to the new medication and these symptoms will go away, but if the following symptoms persist or become painful, consult your doctor.
Nasal and eye irritation, shortness of breath, itchy skin: Stop taking the medicine and talk to your doctor about it.
Abdominal bloating, upset stomach: The body gradually adapts to the fiber.
Talk to your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you feel may be due to the consumption of turmeric.
How to store luggage
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.