If you suffer from heartburn and chest irritation or if you have gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD and you are looking for a way to balance the acidity of your stomach acid, in the following we will tell you “Keeping your stomach acid ph level balanced”.
What are some ways in which stomach acid can be balanced?
Doctors know stomach acid as gastric acid, stomach acid is essential for the digestive process, so both the lack of stomach acid and the increased secretion and return to the esophagus will be both harmful and troublesome.
normal ph level for gastric or stomach acid
Suitable ph for stomach is one and a half to three and a half. The volume of gastric secretions, of which gastric acid will be a part, should be about twenty milliliters to one hundred milliliters.
How do we know that our stomach acid levels are higher than normal?
The following signs and symptoms will occur if there are excessive amounts of stomach acid.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Abdominal discomfort
- Decreased appetite and unexplained weight loss
- Damage to the teeth
- Bad breath
- Chronic cough
- Chronic sputum behind the throat
Ways to prevent gastric reflux
To improve gastric reflux, it is better to observe the following points:
- Do not drink alcohol
- Don’t smoke
- Control your obesity and overweight
- Do not eat at least three hours before bedtime
- Avoid high-fat, salty and very sweet foods, processed foods, fast foods and desserts, and fatty snacks.
- Increase the number of meals you eat and reduce the volume of each meal
- Do not wear tight clothes, do not wear belts
- When sleeping, use anti-reflux pads instead of a pillow
- But on the other hand, reducing stomach acid can also cause you problems
How to balance the acidity and pH of our stomach?
- The important step is to eat healthy foods, stop eating fast foods, processed foods or limit them too much.
- Raw, fresh vegetables and fruits may increase stomach acid and increase heartburn.
- Consume Ginger
- Fermented vegetables such as kimchi, pickle and sauerkraut can increase your stomach acid levels
- Chew your food well
- Drinking apple cider vinegar may also help balance PH in the stomach
The reason is the low level of stomach acid
If your stomach acid is low, there may be many reasons for this problem:
- Upset stomach
- Types of cancers
- Small Intestinal bacterial over growth
Despite the above reasons, stress and poor diet consumption is also the most common cause of low stomach acid:
- Eat very fast
- Zinc deficiency of the body
- Excessive consumption of sugar
- High age
- Taking antacids
- Food allergies
They can sometimes cause digestive problems by reducing the amount of stomach acid