Modern city life is not far from stress and anxiety these days. People can suffer from panic attacks in the face of stressful situations. These days, the covid19 pandemic is one of the causes of anxiety and panic attacks.
But what we will discuss in this article is the introduction of home remedies and the properties of natural herbs to control and reduce anxiety and panic attacks.
Before consuming natural herbs to reduce stress and treat your panic attacks, be sure to seek help from a counselor and psychiatrist, these items, along with the psychiatrist’s prescription, will help you to have a calm and quality life.
Natural Herbs for Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- spike Lavender
The green parts, leaves and purple flowers have medicinal properties and reduce stress. Pour a spoonful of dry lavender into a kettle of boiling water and let it heat for a quarter of an hour. They can easily take this tea once or twice a day
Chamomile is very effective in reducing anxiety and relaxation. You can use chamomile tea once or twice a day, pour a teaspoon of dry chamomile in a cup of boiling water and leave it for a few minutes, then drink it with honey.
- Kava kava
This plant can also reduce your anxiety. If you have liver problems, do not use this plant without your doctor’s approval
This wonderful plant can help your body control stress, modulate cortisone or stress hormones, balance your blood sugar, improve brain function in the face of stress, and help you avoid anxiety and panic attacks.
- passion flower extract or (tea flower hour)
Some studies have compared the sedative effect of this herb with that of benzodiazepines such as alprazolan and colonazepam.
Licorice can only be used to reduce stress with your doctor’s approval as this herb can increase blood pressure.
Diet to reduce stress and panic attacks
- Eat omega-rich fish such as salmon, sardines or tuna three times a week. Omega-3s have excellent anti-inflammatory properties to improve brain function and improve blood flow.
- Drink water and do not let your body become dehydrated. Water improves blood flow to the brain and is effective in your vitality. In addition, improving blood circulation causes toxins and waste products to be removed faster than your brain cells and muscles.
- Balance stimulants such as black tea, coffee and chocolate and avoid over eating or over drinking.
- Avoid fatty and fried foods and fast foods, and instead of canned and processed foods, substitute green leafy vegetables such as broccoli, lettuce, spinach, and fruits for junk and salty snacks and sweets.
- Include probiotics in your schedule.