Application: Essential fatty acid for the body – control of blood lipids
what you will read next :
Omega 3 drug information
Medication Information: Lipids are another name for fats. Fats are easily stored in the body and act as a source of energy. Triglycerides are also a type of lipid. These substances are naturally made from the foods that are consumed.
High triglycerides may have no symptoms, but if left unchecked, this process can lead to further problems. If these fats accumulate in the walls of the arteries, they can cause cardiovascular disease. Some people can control their fat levels by controlling their diet and regular exercise. Medications are needed if they do not control fat levels.
Omega-3 fatty acids reduce the amount of triglycerides in the body. The most important food source of these fatty acids is fish oil. These drugs can be obtained with a doctor’s prescription. A number of other brands can be obtained without a prescription from pharmacies.
Contraindications to omega-3 drugs
- Pay attention to the expiration date of the omega-3 medicine and do not take it if the medicine in your hand has expired.
- Never give omega-3s to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
- Do not take more omega-3s than your doctor prescribes.
- Check for omega-3 drug interactions and be sure to tell your doctor what other medications you are taking.
Omega 3 drug interactions
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter medicines and herbal products) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Tips to consider before consuming omega 3
Some medications cannot be prescribed under certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed; Therefore, it is best for your doctor to be aware of the following before taking omega-3:
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding. This is because taking any medication during pregnancy should be under the supervision of a doctor.
- If you have any bleeding problems or have recently had surgery.
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you are currently taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
- If you have a history of allergic reactions to certain medications.
Possible side effects of omega-3 drugs
All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some of the side effects go away shortly after taking this medicine. In case of persistent side effects, the physician should be informed:
- Boredom, indigestion: Avoid spicy and high-fat foods. Take the tablets after meals.
Talk to your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you think may be due to omega-3s.
How to store omega 3 medicine
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
- Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.