General English name: Perampanel
Application: Epilepsy with seizures in adults and children over 12 years
what you will read next :
Prampanel Drug Information
Medication Information: Prampanel is used in combination with other anticonvulsant drugs to treat epilepsy and seizures. Seizures occur due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain. These abnormal electrical activities in turn cause seizure symptoms. Because different parts of the brain control different parts of the body. So which part of the body has a seizure depends on the area where the abnormal activity occurs. Sometimes a seizure can affect the whole brain and body, which is called a secondary seizure.
Prampanel is one of the most common medications used to prevent seizures. This drug normalizes the electrical activity of the brain.
Contraindications to Prampanel
- Pay attention to the expiration date of Prampanel and do not take it if the medicine in your hand has expired.
- Never give Prampanel to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
- Do not take Prampanel more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Check for drug interactions with Prampanel and be sure to tell your doctor what other medication you are taking.
- Use Prampanel daily and do not stop taking it without a doctor’s prescription
Prampanel drug interaction
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Other drugs can affect the removal and function of Prampanel. These include rifamycins (such as rifabutin) and St. John’s wort.
Prampanel may reduce the effectiveness of contraceptive pills containing levonorgestrel. This can lead to pregnancy. Talk to your doctor about a reliable method of birth control and use an effective method (latex condom or polyurethane) to control pregnancy throughout your sexual activity. Talk to your doctor if you have severe spotting or bleeding, as this may be a sign that your hormonal pregnancy control is not working well.
If you are taking medicines that cause drowsiness, tell your doctor or pharmacist, including: alcohol, antihistamines (such as cetirizine, diphenhydramine), sleeping pills or anti-anxiety medications (such as alprazolam), alprazolam (alprazolam) Diazepam, zolpidem, muscle relaxants, and analgesics and painkillers (such as codeine).
Check the labels on all your medicines (such as allergies or colds and cough medicines) because most of the ingredients cause drowsiness. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about taking these medicines.
Tips to consider before taking Prampanel
Some medications can not be prescribed under certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed. Therefore, it is best for your doctor to be aware of the following before taking Prampanel:
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or if you are breast-feeding.
- If you have a history of drug or alcohol abuse.
- If you are taking other medicines. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
- If you are allergic to any medicine.
Possible side effects of Prampanel
All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some of the side effects go away shortly after taking the medicine. In case of persistent side effects, the doctor should be informed:
Feeling dizzy or drowsy, change in appetite, mood swings, chills and restlessness, feeling weak or tired, blurred vision, feeling sick
Talk to your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you think may be due to the drug Prampanel.
How to store Prampanel
Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.