What you will read next:
Preciazine Medication Information
Medication Information: Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that causes hallucinations and misconceptions. Prisiazine is used to reduce the symptoms of this disease and other similar mental disorders. These symptoms include feeling very skeptical, hearing, seeing and feeling things that are not real. Prisiazine balances brain chemicals.
Contraindications to prisiazine
Note the expiration date of prisiazine and do not take it if it has expired.
Never give prisiazine to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
Do not take more prisiazine than your doctor prescribes.
Check for drug interactions with prisiazine and be sure to tell your doctor what other medication you are taking.
This medicine may make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Avoid direct and prolonged exposure to sunlight while taking this medicine.
Drug interaction with prisiazine
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Tips to consider before taking prisiazine
Some medications can not be prescribed under certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed. Therefore, it is best for your doctor to be aware of the following before taking presiazine.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you have any cardiovascular disease.
- If you have any liver, kidney or prostate problems.
- If you have breathing problems.
- If you have diabetes, Parkinson’s, depression, glaucoma and myasthenia gravis.
- If you have ever had jaundice.
- If you have a disease called pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal gland).
- If you are taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to a drug.
Possible side effects of prisiazine
All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some of the side effects go away after a short time of taking the medicine. In case of persistent side effects, the physician should be informed:
- Drowsiness, blurred vision: In this situation, avoid driving and working with tools.
- Dizziness when getting up: This condition usually occurs early in treatment. Getting up slowly can help reduce symptoms.
- Dry mouth: Use sugar-free gum.
- Feeling shaky, restless, involuntary movements: Report these to your doctor. Your dose of medication may need to be changed.
- Important Note: Contact your doctor if you experience symptoms such as muscle stiffness, fever, dizziness, rapid heartbeat, and sweating. These symptoms can be a sign of a rare serious condition called malignant neuroleptic syndrome.
- Consult your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you feel may be due to the use of prisiazine.
How to store prisiazine
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.