The birth of a baby will undoubtedly be one of the most wonderful events in the life of a mother.
This experience can be enjoyable, frightening and wonderful, women may have changes after childbirth, such as dizziness, feeling inadequate in performing new tasks, and … A range of these symptoms is normal to the extent that the mother is not distracted from caring for and caring for her baby, but it may threaten the mother with a serious disorder that doctors call postpartum depression.
Postpartum depression can be very dangerous for both mother and baby, but it is important to know about the symptoms of postpartum depression.
If you see even a few symptoms in yourself or your newborn loved ones, you should inform your doctor without wasting time because both the life of the mother and the life of the baby will be in danger.
In this article, we will tell you about Postpartum Depression
Before reading the text, it is better to know that one of the most prominent figures in Hollywood, Angelina Jolie, also suffers from postpartum depression, so do not try to hide your symptoms.
The first and most important step in the recovery of the mother is to suspect the existence of postpartum depression and to inform the doctor.
Postpartum depression, maternal postpartum changes
After the birth of the baby, the mother’s mental and physical health is necessary to take care of the baby.
These changes are:
- Hormonal changes occur in the mother’s body after childbirth
- Feeling of helplessness and inadequacy in caring for the baby
- Feeling of inadequacy in front of new tasks
- Experiencing labor pain and unpleasant experiences in childbirth
- Lack of family support
- Lack of financial compliance
- Lack of spiritual and emotional support of the husband
- Dissatisfaction with married life
- Having a family history of postpartum depression
Everyone and everything can greatly influence the mother
Going from childbirth to the postpartum period is not an easy step, being a mother will not be easy, but it does not mean that you are completely out of work.
You need to be prepared for these conditions before giving birth and know that you will undoubtedly find new ways to create balance in your new life with your newborn. new strategies and support from those around you will help you to so come up with your new tasks
There is a type of postpartum grief and wilting that is transient and harmless, but in this article we aim to introduce you to the symptoms of postpartum depression, which will be a very important and sometimes dangerous event for the mother and her baby.
Postpartum depression and its symptoms
Five to twenty percent of women develop PPD after childbirth. PPD can occur at any time after delivery and during the first year of life.
The signs and symptoms of postpartum depression are as follows:
- Severe and persistent fatigue and lethargy
- Not enjoying life with the baby and those around him
- Apathy towards the baby
- Isolation and distance from family members and friends
- The baby’s health is not important to the mother
- Not caring about your health
- Lack of sexual desire
- Feeling severely incompetent
- Constant crying
- Lack of breastfeeding and care of the baby
- The mother feels severely defeated and thinks that she can never have her previous life.
- Mood swings are very severe
- Imagine losing all desire and planning
- Lack of proper understanding of the existing conditions
- Lack of ability to think, decide and judge according to the circumstances
If you see any of the above symptoms in your friend, spouse or loved one, immediately inform the doctor from being aware of the condition.
Early intervention and early diagnosis will speed up the mother’s recovery. The type of treatment will vary according to the situation and the severity of symptoms and the severity of the condition, and one or a combination of the following treatment modalities will be selected by the physician for the mother.
- Drug therapy
- Behavior therapy
One of the rare problems for mothers after childbirth is postpartum insanity. Symptoms of postpartum insanity begin within a few days or weeks after delivery and symptoms include:
- Severe depression
- Severe stress and anxiety disorder
- Too much disturbed thoughts
- Fear of harming yourself or the baby
- Pessimism towards those around you
- Irrelevant speech
- Incidence of hysterical behavior and movements
The goal of treatment is to keep the mother and baby safe in the first place and then to help restore and maintain efficiency and a sense of adequacy and efficiency in the mother.
- Courtney Cox
- Britney Spears
- Angelina Jolie
- Brooke Shields
- Gwyneth Paltrow
They also had postpartum depression
The final words
Finally, we draw your attention to part of Gwyneth Paltrow’s description of the symptoms of post-partum depression in Hollywood (I was pessimistic about everyone and everything, I felt disconnected from the world)
After this experience, Ms. Gwyneth Paltrow decided to help the affected mother community talk easily about her illness, and in the following, Ms. Brooke Shields also took an important step in educating women and removing stigma !! from affected mothers by writing a book that was a collection of her own experiences.