General English name: Propiverine
Application: Treatment of urinary frequency, urgency and urinary incontinence
what you will read next :
Propionine Drug Information
Medication Information: Propionine is prescribed for people who have difficulty controlling urination. These problems include frequent urination and nocturia. Frequent urination occurs when you need to empty your bladder suddenly and immediately. These problems can have different causes. In some people, it is due to weakening of the pelvic muscles, and in others it is due to diseases that cause the muscles around the bladder to be faster than normal.
Contraindications to propyurine
Note the expiration date of the propionine medicine and do not take it if the medicine you are taking has expired.
Never give the medicine to anyone else, even if you have the same symptoms.
Do not take more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Check for propionine drug interactions and be sure to tell your doctor what other medications you are taking.
Drug interaction with propyurine
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Tips to consider before taking propyurine
Some medications are not suitable for people with certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed; Therefore, it is best for your doctor to be aware of the following before taking propurine:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
- If you have any cardiovascular problems or heart failure.
- If you have any liver or kidney problems.
- If you have any prostate problems.
- If you have any of the following: Glaucoma; Hyperthyroidism; High blood pressure; Myasthenia gravis (a disease of muscle weakness).
- If you have a disease that can cause obstruction in the stomach, intestines or urinary tract.
- If you have glaucoma (increased eye pressure).
- If you are taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to a drug.
Possible side effects of propyurine
All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some of the side effects go away after a short time of taking the medicine. In case of persistent side effects, the physician should be informed.
Dry mouth: Use sugar-free gum.
Blurred vision, fatigue: Avoid driving and working with tools in this situation.
Headache: Ask your doctor to prescribe a suitable painkiller.
Constipation, indigestion, abdominal pain: Eat simple foods and avoid spicy and high-fat foods.
Consult your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you feel may be due to the use of propurine.
How to store propurine
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.