“Sharp pain that is felt on the skin without the presence of a foreign body or object”; the description you read is equivalent to the term allodynia in medicine. People with allodynia also understand stimuli that are not capable of causing pain as pain. Have you ever heard, for example, that people with migraines say that “their hair hurts”?
We will talk more about allodynia in the following.
What is allodynia?
An unusual condition that occurs due to unknown factors related to nerve fibers and causes the sufferer to suffer a lot of pain with a very light (skin) stimulus. In other words, in Allodynia, the perception of pain will be without stimulus.
What are the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease?
- You feel a very gentle touch very painful
- The cold causes you pain
- The heat causes you pain
- A light pressure on your skin causes a lot of pain
- The movement of the makeup brush on your skin is perceived as painful
- Combing and brushing will give you a headache
Various causes of vasodilation
These causes include the following:
Musculoskeletal pain and painful points are characteristic of fibromyalgia. It is interesting to know that joint and skeletal system pain in fibromyalgia is not due to injuries and problems in the joints and muscles, there may be disorders and problems in the function of pain nerve endings. The brain may also have problems processing messages. Viruses, physical trauma, and stress can trigger the onset of fibromyalgia symptoms.
Migraine headaches can be caused by changes in the way neurotransmitters are transmitted, or by changes in the material produced in the brain, which can lead to allodynia
The herpes zoster virus causes shingles, a special nerve pain caused by inflammation of the nerve after recovery from a condition called post-herpetic neuralgia. In post-herpetic neuralgia, there is a high sensitivity to touch.
Who is most at risk?
- If one of your parents has fibromyalgia, you may also have allodynia’s disease.
- If you have migraine headaches
- If you have zoster
- If you have chicken pox
Symptoms of vasodilation by cause
In the case of symptoms associated with vasodilation, we must pay attention to the compromising factor:
If you have had a migraine, you may also have the following symptoms:
- Sensitivity to light
- Sensitivity to sounds
- Vision changes (his vision)
If fibromyalgia is the cause, you may also experience the following symptoms:
- Sleep problems
Diagnosis of vodainia
Your doctor will take a detailed history of your headache, wound healing process, sleep quality, and medications, and will use specific methods to assess your nervous sensitivity.
Treatment of allodynia
The treatment of allodynia depends on the underlying cause.
Naturally, the allodynia treatment and the vodka treatment !!!!!!!!! for fibromyalgia will be different. Lifestyle changes and medications can be effective in the treatment process.
- Pergabalin (Lyrica)
- Naproxen (Alleve)
The following methods have also been used in studies:
- Electrical stimulation
- Cognitive behavioral therapy can help you change the way you think and react to your environmental factors.
- Lifestyle changes
- Stress control
- Identify and avoid your own triggers For example, if you have a migraine, try to avoid triggers for a migraine attack
- Do not eat irritating foods, avoid being hungry and avoid insomnia
- Avoid crowded environments
- If contact with clothing causes pain to your body, wear clothes with natural and soft fibers
- Get help from social support groups (CBT therapists are effective in reducing symptoms)