General English name: Tofacitinib
Application: Psoriasis Osteoarthritis – Rheumatoid Arthritis
what you will read next :
- Tofacitinib Pharmaceutical Forms
- Tofacitinib Drug Information
- The correct amount and method of taking Tofacitinib
- Contraindications Tofacitinib
- Tofacitinib during pregnancy and lactation
- Tofacitinib drug interaction
- Tofacitinib Warning
- Side effects of tofacitinib
- Side effects of Tofacitinib overdose (Tofacitinib poisoning)
- Storage conditions of Tofacitinib
Tofacitinib Pharmaceutical Forms
Tofacitinib Drug Information
Use tofacitinib to treat osteoarthritis, psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis. This medicine will help relieve joint pain and swelling.
The correct amount and method of taking Tofacitinib
Read the package leaflet carefully before starting treatment with this medicine. This brochure will help you to get information about the drug and its possible side effects.
The dose and amount of Tofacitinib varies from person to person; Use the medicine exactly as your doctor advised.
This drug has different doses and the doctor will prescribe the appropriate dose of the drug according to the patient’s condition.
Tofacitinib is usually given as 1-2 tablets a day.
Try taking tofacitinib at certain times of the day.
Note the expiration date of tofacitinib and do not take it if your medicine has expired.
Never give Tofacitinib to another person, even if you have the same symptoms.
Check for drug interactions with tofacitinib, and if you are taking a drug that interacts with this drug, talk to your doctor about using your medications.
Tofacitinib during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, you should not use the drug arbitrarily without consulting your doctor. Tofacitinib is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.
The effect of Tofacitinib on driving
Tofacitinib can not cause symptoms such as dizziness or drowsiness, you do not need to avoid driving.
Tofacitinib drug interaction
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Some medications may not be prescribed under certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed; Therefore, it is best for your doctor to be aware of the following before taking tofacitinib:
- If you are pregnant, planning to have a baby, or if you are breast-feeding.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you have a specific infection or disease
- If you have a bone marrow problem (such as anemia).
- If you have a lung problem.
- If you have a digestive problem.
- If you have cancer.
- If you are taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to a drug.
Side effects of tofacitinib
All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some side effects may occur if you take more than the dose of this medicine. If any of these side effects occur, your doctor should be informed:
Consult your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you feel may be due to the use of Tofacitinib.
Side effects of Tofacitinib overdose (Tofacitinib poisoning)
Do not take more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
If you feel that someone has been poisoned and you have symptoms such as shortness of breath, fainting and weakness (fainting), call the emergency room immediately.
Storage conditions of Tofacitinib
Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Store the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.