Application: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Pharmaceutical forms of Umeclidinium
- Inhalation device
Umeclidinium Drug Information
Omclidinium belongs to a group of drugs called anti-muscarinic bronchodilators. This medicine improves the airflow in your lungs. It actually opens the airways of your lungs, so that air can flow more freely in your lungs.
Omclidinium is useful in relieving the symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). In these diseases, airflow to the lungs is restricted, causing symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Omclidinium is prescribed to help reduce these symptoms, but it is not used to treat sudden shortness of breath. Omclidinium should be used regularly and daily.
Amount and method of consumption of Umeclidinium
- Read the package leaflet carefully before starting treatment with omeclidinium. This brochure will help you to get comprehensive information about the drug and its possible side effects.
- The dose and amount of omeclidinium varies from person to person; Use the medicine exactly as your doctor advised. Omclidinium inhaler should usually be used once a day.
- The omeclidinium device contains 30 doses of the omeclidinium drug, use one puff of the omeclidinium device one day.
- Before using this medicine, learn how to use the omeclidinium inhaler from your doctor so that you can use this medicine.
- If you forget to take your daily dose of omeclidinium at the prescribed time but soon forget to take the medicine; But if you remember close to the next dose, do not take the missed dose. You should not take two doses of the medicine together because of the missed dose.
Contraindications to the use of Umeclidinium
- Note the expiration date of the omeclidinium medicine and do not take it if the medicine in your hand has expired.
- Never give omeclidinium to another person, even if you have the same symptoms.
- Check for omeclidinium drug interactions, and if you are taking a drug that interacts with this drug, talk to your doctor about using your medications.
Consumption of Umeclidinium during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, you should not use the drug arbitrarily and without consulting your doctor. Medications can have devastating effects on the fetus or on yourself.
The effect of Umeclidinium on driving and working with machines
Omclidinium may cause headaches in you, it is better to be careful before driving and working with machines.
Umeclidinium drug interactions
Drug interactions may alter drug performance and increase the risk of serious side effects. Make a list of all the medicines (including prescription / over-the-counter and herbal medicines) you use and share them with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not change the dose of your medicine without consulting your doctor or stop taking the medicine.
Omclidinium may interact with anticholinergic drugs such as ipratropium and thiotropium and LABA drugs (such as formoterol, salmeterol).
Special warnings and precautions while taking Umeclidinium
Some medications may not be prescribed under certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed; Therefore, it is best to let your doctor know the following before taking the medicine:
- If you are pregnant or planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding your baby.
- If you have cardiovascular problems or an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have an eye disease called glaucoma.
- If you have prostate problems or urination.
- If you are currently taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to a drug.
Side effects of Umeclidinium
All medications can cause side effects. But many consumers also do not experience any side effects. Some of the side effects go away after a short time of taking the medicine. In case of persistent side effects, the physician should be informed:
- Cough, irritation or infection of the nose or throat, rapid heartbeat, urinary tract infection: Consult your doctor if these conditions persist.
- Headache: Ask your doctor to prescribe a suitable painkiller.
Consult your doctor if you have any other symptoms that you feel are due to the use of this medicine.
Overuse of Umeclidinium (drug poisoning)
- Do not take more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Call the emergency room right away if you notice symptoms such as chills, chest pain, rapid heartbeat, seizures, fainting, or shortness of breath.
Storage conditions of Umeclidinium
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Store the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.