General English name: Vitamin A
Application: Vitamin A deficiency
Vitamin A Drug Information
Medication Information: Vitamin A is a vitamin that is important for healthy eyes, eyesight and healthy skin. It also helps fight infection.
If you are not getting the right amount of vitamin A from your diet, or if you are deficient in this vitamin or for other reasons, your doctor may recommend taking a vitamin A supplement. Vitamin A supplements usually contain other vitamins, such as vitamin D and vitamin C, and you can get them without a prescription from a pharmacy.
Contraindications to vitamin A.
- Pay attention to the expiration date of the medicine and do not take it if the medicine in your hand has expired.
- Do not take more than the recommended daily dose of the drug.
- Do not use this supplement during pregnancy.
- Pay attention to drug-drug interactions.
Tips to consider before taking vitamin A.
Some medications are not suitable for people with certain conditions, and some medications may be prescribed if additional treatment is needed. Therefore, it is better for your doctor to know the following before taking this vitamin:
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding. Only use the medicine prescribed by your doctor at this time.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to a drug.
- If you are currently taking certain medications. These medicines include all the medicines available, whether you are prescribed them or taking them without a doctor’s prescription, such as herbal medicines and complementary medicines.
Possible side effects of vitamin A.
Taking vitamin A does not seem to have any side effects. It can only have side effects if the person takes a large dose over a long period of time. Consult your doctor if you notice any symptoms that you feel are due to medication.
Rich sources of vitamin A.
Foods such as: egg oil, milk, liver and fish oil
A substance called beta-carotene, which is found in fruits, vegetables, green, orange and yellow leaves and is converted to vitamin A in your body, are good sources of this vitamin. Try to eat some of these foods regularly in your meals.
How to store vitamin A.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
- Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.